Karim Elrafei, D.D.S.
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Dr. Karim Elrafei, born in Boston, MA, attended the University of Maryland Baltimore County and received a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Upon graduating from college he attended the University of Maryland School of Dentistry where he received his DDS. Dr. Elrafei practiced general dentistry for a number of years, most recently in Hyattsville, MD and downtown Baltimore at Health Care for the Homeless.
His training in Pediatric Dentistry was completed at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry where he served as Chief Resident. Residency offered him the great opportunity of treating children in underserved communities and those with special health care needs, as well as exposure to treatment under various forms of sedation.
Licenses and Professional Affiliations:
- Board Certified, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Licensed by Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Dean’s Faculty at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Admitting privileges in University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Dr. Elrafei lives in Ellicott City, MD and spends his time enjoying various forms of science fiction with his younger brother; who is twice his size. In addition, he embarks on quests to explore exotic food with the rest of his family.